Recipes for Healthy Snacks in Modesto, CA
Check out what our customers have been making with our Artisan Snacks from Modesto, CA!
Please email us with your favorite recipes, using our products to make healthy snacks and treats. And we'll be happy to post them here for all to enjoy!
Orange & Chocolate Cupcakes using Hunter's HomeGrown Pure Orange Syrup!
Jennifer sent in this recipe for Orange & Chocolate Cupcakes...
She made them for work and they were gone within seconds. Rich and velvety chocolate cake and frosting with an infusion of naturally pure orange syrup.
Orange and Chocolate...two flavors that go together famously!
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes Servings: 24
- 2 cups all purpose unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange zest
- 1 cup hot water
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coco
- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate Orange Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter softened to room temperature
- 3 ounces of unsweetened baking chocolate melted
- Approximately 5 cups confectioners sugar (Adjust to obtain desired frosting consistency)
- 3/4 cup Hunter's HomeGrown Pure Orange Syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the cupcakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare your baking tin with cupcake wrappers. In a medium sized bowl, add the flour, backing soda, salt, baking powder, and orange zest. Lightly stir and set aside.
2. In a liquid measuring cup combine the hot water and coco. Whisk together until all the coco has dissolved in the water and set aside.
3. In a medium size mixing bowl, cream together the shortening and sugar until it is light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat again. Alternate adding the flour mixture and the coco, scraping down the sides as needed. Mix just until the ingredients are incorporated. Do not over mix or cupcakes will be less tender. Fill each cup 2/3 full and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the cakes spring back when touched. Remove to a wire rack and cool completely.
For the frosting:
1. Combine the softened butter and melted chocolate. Beat in the confectioner sugar. Then add the vanilla extract, and Hunter's HomeGrown Pure Orange Syrup. Beat until the frosting is a spreadable consistency. You may need a little more or less confectioners sugar to achieve the correct consistency. Pipe or spread the frosting on the cooled cupcakes and garnish each with a little orange zest on top.
Orange or Lemon Baby Back Ribs
From Hunter's HomeGrown
Rinse and pat the ribs dry — season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. If you want a more flavorful rub, consider adding red chili flakes for a little more heat and perhaps some Montreal Steak Seasoning or your own favorite rub spices.
Low and slow method:
Prepare ribs as above with desired spice rub and slow smoke (over indirect heat) for 2 hours at 225°.
Then baste the ribs with our Pure Orange or Lemon Syrup. Wrap the ribs tightly in foil and return to the BBQ for an additional hour at 225°. When the ribs are tender, and the meat has pulled back from the end of the bones, remove the ribs from the foil and return them to the BBQ and baste two or three more times with our syrup. Wait about 10 minutes between each basting to allow the syrup glaze to set.
Faster Cooking Method:
Prepare the ribs as above with your desired spice rub then wrap tightly in foil and cook over indirect heat at 350° for one hour. Take ribs out of the foil and return to the grill and baste them with our Orange or Lemon Syrup. Continue grilling and baste them one to two more times every 10 minutes.
Serve with additional warm syrup on the side to drizzle on the ribs if desired. The sweet and tangy citrus glaze pairs very well with the spice rub and the pork.
Grab some paper towels and enjoy!